Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tidbits

A friend sent me a little challenge to list 25 things about me to pass on to others, and I thought I'd share mine with you. Some things came to mind quickly, but others I had to ponder for awhile.
1. I didn't have my ears pierced until I was almost 19 years old, not that I was afraid to do it, but I guess that I never got around to it. My navel was even pierced before my ears!

2. Tom and I have been together almost 9 years and I don't think there's been a day since our second time meeting up that we haven't talked to each other.

3. I have always been a spiritual person, but never more than now that I am the mom to two amazing little girls. It really sets your priorities straight!

4. I am a composting freak! Even my 2 year old knows that she has to save the peel of the banana she just ate for Mommy's compost bucket :)

5. I love black licorice.

6. My husband is covered in tattoos and I'm still too chicken to get one (hey, I can't decide what I want, ok?!)

7. I have a lot of German in me and sadly have the stubbornness to prove it. Sorry babe!

8. I once *accidentally* picked up a rattle snake that had an egg in it's mouth while I was gathering eggs at my parents' place. Never really cared for gathering eggs after that experience.

9. My brother calls me the urban hippie.

10. My family and I have a cat named Mr Bigglesworth.

11. Mr Bigglesworth (also known as Bigsy) is the meanest cat in the world!

12. My college roommate, Monica, has more dirt on me than anyone else in the entire world! She is still one of my best friends (and not just because of the dirt business!)

13. I can play the piano, and am slowly learning how to play the guitar.

14. I have no sense of direction whatsoever. Thank goodness I own a GPS!

15. My grandmother passed away almost 15 years ago and I still can't even think about it without at least tearing up.

16. I love my job, and being a nurse, but sometimes it's really hard to have compassion for stupid people.

17. One of my favorite past times is silly dancing with my girls in our kitchen.

18. I have become addicted to the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer--and am secretly having an affair with a vampire.

19. I might be biased, but I think that my husband has the most beautiful eyes in the world.

20. My favorite holiday if the 4th of July.

21. If I was a boy, my name would've been Robin.

22. I have never seen the Pacific Ocean.

23. I have shaken hands with a baby--before it was born...

24. I may complain about it occasionally, but I truly do love my naturally (very) curly hair.

25. I may not have the cleanest house on the block, but spending more time with my family is WORTH IT!

No comments: